Computer not showing in 'Network Neighbourhood'

JAS100 14:39 06 Aug 05

I am using Win 98 on my laptop networked wirelessly to my desktop computer via a netgear pcmcia card (MA401). Recently my desktop computer has not appeared in 'Network Neighbourhood' on the laptop, but I can find it in 'Search for computer' and can then access files on the desktop computer and printers attached to it. It still however does not appear in 'Netwrk Neighbourhood' on the laptop
The laptop does show itself in Network Neighbourhood This problem has only just occurred..any ideas?

Taff36 15:38 06 Aug 05

What OS is on the main PC? Do they both have the same network name e.g. "Workgroup"

JAS100 19:25 06 Aug 05

The OS on the main PC is Win XP home. Yes they both have the same network name.

LastChip 19:51 06 Aug 05

When you start your laptop, are you "Logging On" to the network?

Unlike XP Home, you have to log on for the network to work correctly.

LastChip 20:23 06 Aug 05

Have you plugged the laptop into another network? At work for example or perhaps a LAN party?

Taff36 21:05 06 Aug 05

I would run the network connection wizard on the XP machine and transfer the information by floppy to the 98 machine. (Look in Control Panel)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…