Computer <- -> Television Connection

lytsty 03:41 23 May 07

Hey,

I am trying to get my laptop (audio/video) hooked up to my television.

I heard that an S Cable is needed for the video feed but it differs depending on the hardware. I am using a Compaq laptop with an ATI Mobility Radeon Xpress 200 graphics card and am hoping that the TV plug-in works with all models. What specific things should I be looking for in an S cable when using those hardware specifications?

Also, what is the secondary cable needed for the audio feed? My Compaq is using a Conexant AMC (I think) Sound card and am again hoping that the TV end will be universal. What should I be looking for?

Hope I provided enough information and greatly appreciate any help. Thanks

Technotiger 08:26 23 May 07
  Technotiger 08:29 23 May 07

Hi, it will save confusion if you would please keep your Subject to one Thread only. Cheers, I have linked both your threads for other members information.

I would advise you to Green-tick this particular thread as Resolved, then stick to the one thread.

Gongoozler 08:59 23 May 07

Hi lytsty. What are you intending to use the connection for? Are you planning to use the tv to view the laptop output or something else?

€dstowe 09:19 23 May 07

The definition of a normal television is not nearly good enough to use as a computer monitor so best not to bother.

If you want to watch TV on your computer, get a TV card for it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…