Computer on low memory

suburban train 20:13 08 Jun 04

Dear All
i have a packard bell windows xp pro using 384 ram with 900celeron processor.

When using applicaions a yellow message appears informing that virtual memory is low.

How do i stop this happening and improve performance?

Cheers

the-george 20:51 08 Jun 04

For an explanantion of virtual memory see here
click here

Virtual memory relies on disk space - you do not say what size disk you have - and if the disk is fairly full then this may be the problem.

Also it could be due to the amount of disk space allocated to virtual memory. Usually it is best left to the computer to organise this rather than specifying an amount. This can be done by going through My Computer/Control Panel/ System/Perfomance tab then the Virtual memory button. (Depends on what version of windows you are using but this is Ok up to ME)

Make sure that the button marked 'Let Windows manage my virtual memory settings' option is selected.

If you have also noticed a slowing down of the system when using obviously large files then it might be helpful to install more RAM or physical memory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…