Computer off but light stays on.

loser7 19:54 09 Apr 05

When i shut down my computer the num lock light stays lit on the keyboard. Does anyone know the reason for this or how to fix it... Thanks in advance

woodchip 19:56 09 Apr 05

Is it a old Computer or motherboard

loser7 19:59 09 Apr 05

No they are both new it is P4 ASRock motherboard with a 2.66D processor both bought this year

woodchip 20:05 09 Apr 05

This may be as it is a new MOBO they are changing all the time. That's why if you connect any Hardware other than USB you should pull the plug

woodchip 20:07 09 Apr 05

PS you should be able to stop the number lock light in BIOS

loser7 20:09 09 Apr 05

Ok thankyou woodchip. I forgot to mention the keyboard is very old, im going to replace it but i thought it was a bit strange so i posted the thread out of curiosity mostly.

jbp1982 20:44 09 Apr 05

If you press num lock it will go out, even when you're shut down.

As far as I know the lights stay on the keyboard because they're still getting power from the motherboard, there's still power going thru the system, albeit not that much. It will only go out when the switch at the back of the machine (psu) is flicked off or turned off at the wall.

All computers I've been around do this. The power light even stays on in my reciever for the cordless mouse, as does the lights on my keyboard. Until as I said switch it off at the back of the PSU.

HTH

JBP

DieSse 22:03 09 Apr 05

As jbp1982 says - it's not a problem. A normal switch off only sends the system into a deep standby mode. Only removing the power completely will switch off the light. Just ignore it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…