computer keeps restarting

easyrider 11:16 15 Oct 04

I`m back again with the same problem. My son`s computer keeps restarting as in previous thread click here Have replaced PSU as woodchip suggested and everything was fine for about 12 days now it is doing exactly as it did before.The system is pentium4 3Ghz, windows XP sp2, 450w psu, gigabyte P4 titan motherboard,radeon 3d prophet 9600se 128MB graphics card. If you require any other info let me know,unfortunately I am on nightshift this weekend so may be slow in responding to your replies,thanks in advance for your patience.

dave_the_red 11:22 15 Oct 04

Hi Easyrider, the only thing I can think is that when you replaced the psu you nudged a cable or some item of hardware and it went into place.

Now it has worked its way out again.

Have you got any spare ram memory to try in it. It could be that the ram is not seated correctly or that it is faulty. Try to reseat it in the slot or test the machine with some other memory.

Dave

easyrider 11:27 15 Oct 04

Tried new ram last time the ram memory fitted is only about 3 months old.Also tried re-seating cpu.

JonnyTub 11:30 15 Oct 04

Have you removed everything unneccesary to boot such as extra hdds, extra memory, etc, etc. ?

And then reinstalled bit by bit and waited to see if it's any one bit that's causing the problem.

easyrider 11:49 15 Oct 04

Tried that made no difference.

easyrider 12:07 15 Oct 04

It is all up and running again. The only thing I did was remove his graphics card ,firewire card, wireless network card, sound card and then refitted them and it sprung back to life.Very confused

JonnyTub 12:28 15 Oct 04

probably oxidisation on some of the contacts.

spliffmonkey 16:32 15 Oct 04

Change the virtual memory to auto detect, or whatever it is (sorry not at my PC at the mo!)

Remember what it was before changing it though.

Restart CPU then re enter the number that it was before and that should do the trick!

Dont know why, but its worked for me in the past

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced