computer keeps freezing during opration s

peterdee 18:55 PM 04 Apr 13

i am having trouble when my computer is running it keeps freezing sometimes after about 15-25 mins or longer and i have to restart it to get it going again i have tried doing a fresh install of windows 7 but it still persists can anybody point me in the right direction as to what may be causing this to happen i have run a diagnostics program which checked the cpu, the hard drive the dvd re-writer and the ram memory and they all passed as ok so i would appreciate anybody pointing me in the right direction yours peterdee.

mart7 18:57 PM 04 Apr 13

Over heating maybe?

peterdee 19:49 PM 04 Apr 13

i have cleaned out the case and left off the side plus both fan for cpu. and fan on graphics card are working although graphics card does seem to be quite hot but cpu. seems cool could it be that the graphics card is overheating maybe yours peterdee.

woodchip 20:34 PM 04 Apr 13

Does Graphics have its own Fan? I would say Graphics is the Problem You could try Going to Control Panel/Display and try turning down Graphics Acceleration with the Slider under Troubleshooting tab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know