computer keeps freezing during opration s

peterdee 04 Apr 13

i am having trouble when my computer is running it keeps freezing sometimes after about 15-25 mins or longer and i have to restart it to get it going again i have tried doing a fresh install of windows 7 but it still persists can anybody point me in the right direction as to what may be causing this to happen i have run a diagnostics program which checked the cpu, the hard drive the dvd re-writer and the ram memory and they all passed as ok so i would appreciate anybody pointing me in the right direction yours peterdee.

mart7 04 Apr 13

Over heating maybe?

peterdee 04 Apr 13

i have cleaned out the case and left off the side plus both fan for cpu. and fan on graphics card are working although graphics card does seem to be quite hot but cpu. seems cool could it be that the graphics card is overheating maybe yours peterdee.

woodchip 04 Apr 13

Does Graphics have its own Fan? I would say Graphics is the Problem You could try Going to Control Panel/Display and try turning down Graphics Acceleration with the Slider under Troubleshooting tab

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message