Computer keeps on Freezing

753Df 08:00 29 Jun 05

I have a Dell computer system which keeps on freezing, especially when I am on the Aol Broadband. This has become a frequent occurance. I have defragmented the disc and have around 91% free capacity.
Please advise what I could do to resolve the problem.

Indigo 1 10:39 29 Jun 05

A little more info would help, Which Operating System ?

Any error messages ?

How do you usually resolve it ?

What exactly happens when it "Freezes" ? does the whole screen lock-up or just part of it, can you still open Task Manager ?

753Df 11:24 29 Jun 05

The system being used is Windoes XP

There have been two problems
a)One message was windows has been shut down as the computer had a critical error- but was ok afterre-booting.

b) normal problem is the computer freezes and the mouse or Alt-Control-Delete has no response and you have to switch off hold the button down and stare again by switching on.

753Df 11:24 29 Jun 05

The system being used is Windoes XP

There have been two problems
a)One message was windows has been shut down as the computer had a critical error- but was ok afterre-booting.

b) normal problem is the computer freezes and the mouse or Alt-Control-Delete has no response and you have to switch off hold the button down and stare again by switching on.

jimv7 11:44 29 Jun 05

Check the cpu running temperature, if its too hot it cause this error.

emr408 19:17 09 Dec 05

I have a Tiny PC and it keeps freezing everytime i put any disc into the DVD RW/DVD ROM drives. Can anyone help me solve this problem. Cheers

Freddog™ 19:23 09 Dec 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…