computer keeps crashing,, please help !!!!

andylfc2 16:33 02 Nov 05

hi, can anyone help?? my pc keeps crashing & re-booting when i play certain games that demand the use of my graphics card.. i have had the card installed now for a good 10 months and the probs only just started to occur, its fine whilst playing games like fm2006 or age of empires, but when i try to play fear, call of duty etc.. it keeps crashing and re-booting.. my system is:- athlon64 3000, 1gb mem.ddr2 glacier nvidia 6800gt,, i have tried the latest drivers and made sure i deleted old ones 1st, up to date with directx as well, anyone got any ideas as to whats wrong..??

PaulB2005 16:38 02 Nov 05

What memory does your system use?

Try MemTest - Download Memtest86 v3.2 click here (Download - Memtest86 v3.2 ISO image (zip)). Burn the ISO to a blank CD and boot the PC with the CD in the drive.

This will test your memory.

xania 16:57 02 Nov 05

You don't mention your OS, but given that you are not being invited to report the problem I suspect its not XP.

I tend to suspect the graphics card or, even more likely the card drivers. Some games make extra demands that lower quality cards cannot handle. The fact that its always the same games would tend to rule out handware. Try checking your card site for driver updates. Download and install the latest one for your card. If that does not work, try posting the problem on their web-site and see if they or their other users can come up with a solution - you could also try the web site of the games in question - they sometimes have work-arounds for known problems with certain hardware & software.

crosstrainer 17:33 02 Nov 05

Its possible that if you are running antispyware antivirus and a firewall that these could be the cause of your problems. try disabling these before you play the games DONT forget to put them back when you finish though!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…