Computer keeps crashing????

thetrickster 17:51 21 Jun 08

Hi guys only just had this problem today. My p.c Keeps freezing?? I have to restart it every time? I have not made any major changes to any config files of any sort. The only thing that has taken place is a game has been updated via the steam engine although i don`t think it is that, that is causing this problem. My keyboard lights up, but when it crashes the lights go off??

I have Vista 32 bit, just recently updated with windows update, but this has not solved the problem. I am starting to worry now. p.c is about 3 months old all new components were used as i built it myself.

What procedures should i follow to solve this really annoying problem????

Halmer 18:01 21 Jun 08

but only seems to happen when I'm using Firefox.

Is it when you are browsing, gaming etc etc or non specific?

thetrickster 18:21 21 Jun 08

hi halmer. it is both when browsing and playing games. i also use firefox?? but i have had it for a couple of months with no issues.

Halmer 18:32 21 Jun 08

Could it be getting warm due to blocked vents?

Could try a system restore to last point (you can always reverse it) to see if this cures.

Halmer 18:34 21 Jun 08

all external connections including power supply tt?

thetrickster 18:46 21 Jun 08

hi halmer, i shall try that and let you know how i get on. i have just run the memory diagnostic tool to see if ther was any issues with the memory. it passed ok.

Halmer 18:48 21 Jun 08

TT.

woodchip 18:49 21 Jun 08

Do a System Restore to before the problem

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:34 21 Jun 08

FReeezing PC

1. Overheat due to faulty / blocked fans

2. PSU voltages

3. Household power surges fridge etc switching on/off

4. faulty memory stick try memtest click here

5. virus or spyware scan for both especially if shutting down with in a few minutes of switch on or internet use

6. driver conflicts especially grahics cards get the latest drivers for your equipment

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac