Computer ina mess - HELP Pleeeeease!

alexgray104 17:25 27 Apr 05

I bought a computer a couple of months ago snd it came with Norton Antivirus and Norton Personal Firewall. Now i have a computer with a virus in the configuration file "DVPD.dll". What does this file do? Norton antivirus wouldn't clean it up and i tried deleting the file but it was write protected. Anyone got any ideas? Also on my browser (Wanadoo) there is a toolbar called "Mirar" which i cannot get rid of, it doesn't come up as containing a virus but it is annoying. Could these be the causes of my incredibly slow system, as i type this, i press down a character and as much as 5 secs later it appears on the screen. Any help much appreciated!
Alex

961 17:34 27 Apr 05

Yes, they will slow up your system

If you type the name of your file(DVPD.dll) and toolbar (Mirar) into google you will find what they do

Perhaps I can suggest you download a free virus checker, Avast, and a free firewall, zone alarm, and free spyware finders, spybot search and destroy, spywareblaster, and adaware, and then uninstall Norton

Run all these and see what they find and then post back here

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 17:35 27 Apr 05

try here for mirar removal click here

pj123 18:31 27 Apr 05

As 961 suggests but don't forget to disable everything Norton first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…