Computer Icon in task bar

six-h 20:48 09 Feb 05

This icon appears briefly but recently it has stayed lng enough for me to point at it, and the message box that appears says somthing like "Unable to locate required server" people tel me that a program is trying to access the internet,As it has only started to happen over the last 3 months or so, and I have never had this machine connected to the internet, how can I identify what is causing this to happen when at best it occurs for 3-5 seconds and is sporadic?

VoG II 20:51 09 Feb 05

Think what program you may have installed about 3 months ago. It is probably a program looking for updates or similar. They all seem to assume an internet connection nowadays.

six-h 21:03 09 Feb 05

Thanks VoG, you agree it's a prog trying to phone home. Thing is I've not installed anything for about 8 months- maybe i've inadvertently
"switched one on" so to speak.Have to start trawling through each progs.properties I suppose??

stalion 21:17 09 Feb 05

do you know if Nellie2 is around to assist with a hijack this log on 100% cpu usage post or is she watching the football lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…