COMPUTER HAS SLOWED DOWN

xptosmtbd 18:57 07 Jan 04

Hi, My computer has slowed down condsiderably during the last couple of days. I have run a virus scan and that tells me there are no viruses. I have done a defrag. I have stopped and restarted, nothing I do makes it any better. I have tried just running one programme at a time and that also makes no differance. This is usually a fast machine machine and it's driving me crazy. I am using win.xp home. Would anyone know what may have gone wrong?......Thanks in advance Sandra....

Download and run Ad-aware click here

and Spybot click here

plsndrs3 19:17 07 Jan 04

Do as [email protected]@m suggests - could be due to spyware - and post back with an update.

Also, is the slowing down overall, after a length of time, etc?

Paul

xptosmtbd 19:27 07 Jan 04

Thanks for the info. How long will it be before I know if these programmes are working. and plsndrs3 I am not sure what you mean exactly but the slowing down is happening on all programmes....Sandra

If you're on broadband, they will download in seconds. Not much longer on dial-up. They only take about 5 minutes each to run.

TommyRed 19:36 07 Jan 04

After you download and run Spybot and Ad-aware if they find anything results should be immediate, I think. If this cures it download and install SpywareBlaster click here which will stop spyware ever being installed in the first place, also run Spybot and Ad-aware regularly. HTH TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…