computer has crashed after updating trend micro

alltime 01:35 07 Jun 05

Urgent help required. I have just tried to update my virus protection from trend micro (pccillin 2002 to 2005) it ran the update ok and then told me it could not update untill 2002 was removed, the programme ran to remove it and (Caused a fatal error) I went into add remove programes to try to remove it, but it caused a fatal error again, My next line of attack was to reinstall 2002 from my asus disk, all it would offer me is to remove, I tried this and again told me there was a fatal error. I rebooted the computer and it went through a list of removing damaged files, and reinstalling them. and eventually told me WINDOWS COULD NOT START Because of an error in the softwear as it NEEDED DLLS FOR THE KERNEL. I tried booting it from the asus motherboard disk and also from the Win XP disk but still i have the same error DLLS NEEDED FOR KERNEL. Can anyone help with this problem please URGENTLY.

maveric 07:59 07 Jun 05

Have you tried the pccillin site, or phone help line .I have updated form 2002 to 2005 on win2000 OK via a download from the site.

alltime 09:22 07 Jun 05

Thanks Maveric I have logged a call on the trend helpline, Just wondered if there was anything else i could do. Would it be possible as i am working on my laptop if I could be sent a link to restore the registry, from the laptop, download to the flashdrive or cd and restore if possible through the drives. (I dont Know)

gudgulf 10:23 07 Jun 05

Try booting into safe mode(tap F8 or F5 on start up) and use System Restore from there to recover to a date prior to the problem.

alltime 14:57 07 Jun 05

Have been in touch with microsoft and couldnot recover files so had to reformatt and reinstall os.
Thanks for advise guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…