Computer hangs while online

mahalo 19:24 24 Aug 06

I don't know what has happened but while I am online my computer "hangs" and I have to cntl-alto-del to get out of it. Is there anyone out there to advise me how to remedy this ?. My op is XP. Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:42 24 Aug 06

Repair Internet Explorer explanation
click here

skidzy 20:14 24 Aug 06

mahalo..have you checked via task manager what is using the cpu under processes.

If you can find out,we will have more to go on....If Fruit Bat /\0/\'s suggestion dose not work,i would hazzard a guess its a virus or spyware/malware.

Hope this helps

mahalo 20:13 25 Aug 06

I haven't started to fix it yet, however I do have avg, spyblaster, spybot, ms antispyware and ad-aware, evry sunday I do what I call a "service" to check that the computer is free of beasties. Thanks a lot.

mahalo 20:18 25 Aug 06

p.s. how do I find the task manager ?

CurlyWhirly 21:26 25 Aug 06

"p.s. how do I find the task manager ?"

Either press Ctrl, Alt and Del at the same time or right click the Windows taskbar.

skidzy 21:29 25 Aug 06

How to open Windows Task Manager: ctrl+alt+delete

Once opened look under processes.What is your cpu usage,if this is high..such 90-100% it may suggest a virus or spyware/malware or something has become corrupt.

Maybe adding Ewido to your service list would be a good idea.Its free and very good. click here

Run ewido and post back if still the same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…