Computer Graphics Crash Please Help

Mitchell.B 19:55 09 Apr 10

When ever i load a game such as Modern warfare 2 or Aion my whole pc freezes the graphics become distorted and theres a sound loop this has only recently started. my computer is not too dusty inside and Everest says it's at an ok temp.

pc spec:
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT 512mb
Intel i7 @ 2.67 GHz
Motherboard: Asus P6T Deluxe
9GB DDR3
Windows vista 64bit

heres a picture i took on my phone of what happens when loading a game (the same happens when its sat on screen saver)
click here

The graphics become distorted a sound loop is constantly playing and the only thing i can do is kill the power.

My graphics and sound drivers are up to date, also i have no had any Blue screen of death either

Please help thank you

SANAP 00:29 10 Apr 10

what you experiencing is not uncommon, it means the pc cant cope with the game settings you have chosen. their is a website that you can use to assess if your pc is suitable. and the other option is to reduce settings, the screen grab shows the pc cant handle the resolution the game is set at so it crashes. i gave up on pc gaming because every game needed more and nmore spec, got an xbox in the end.

Graphicool1 14:06 11 Apr 10

I don't play games on my PC for the same reason as SANAP. It would cost too much to keep up with their every changing and demanding needs.

Close this thread and re-open it in the 'Games' forum. click here
Tell them what spec your PC is and ask them for their recommendations on what spec you need and/or wht your problems might be caused by.

Mitchell.B 14:08 11 Apr 10

ive done some looking into it and its not my computer spec guys its happening randomly like when trying to watch a video or when my screensaver pops up. when looking through the errors it says something about "lirsgt.sys"

Mr Mistoffelees 14:37 11 Apr 10

Take a look at click here for some info on lirsgt.sys

Mitchell.B 15:30 11 Apr 10

Its not :/ How can i fix a "lirsgt.sys" error ?

Mr Mistoffelees 18:58 11 Apr 10

I thought, after reading your last post, it might help if you had some information about that file.

Obviously I was wrong.

Mitchell.B 21:07 11 Apr 10

Oh sorry i didnt see your post above About the error ill take a look now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…