Computer freezing for 5-10 seconds

Shatter25 19:55 18 Jun 07

Could use some help. My wife's computer keeps having a problem with intermittent freezing/lockups, but when it occurs it only lasts 5-10 seconds then the computer goes back to normal. Everything locks up when it happens, mouse, etc all freeze. I turned on the processor monitor and every time this occurs the monitor shows processor usage at 100%. Ive looked for suspect processes running and dont see anything that could be causing it. Suggestions, or is there a way for me to track down whats using the processor like this randomly? In summary it appears to be something using using up the CPU to 100% which locks up the computer, then it stops and goes to normal. It repeats like this every 30 seconds or so.

sinbads 20:07 18 Jun 07

have a look at the processess in the task manager to see whats runnng when the freezing occurs

johndrew 20:10 18 Jun 07

If you could provide details of the PC (OS, CPU, etc.) and of the anti-virus software you are using it would help.

You could open Task Manager go to the Processes tab and then click CPU to get the high users to the top. If you watch for a few minutes you may see the culprit yourself as the usage will rise and the process concerned will show at the top of the list.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac