computer freezes only on some websites?

liloldlady 18:30 03 Oct 08

Hi, all of a sudden my laptop is freezing as soon as I connect to e=bay, I can log onto other sites ok. Why can this be?....I have done a system restore, but it is still happenning everytime I log on to ebay,I get the message that askes you to report the fault to Microsoft....My friend bought her laptop round and she can get onto e-bay without a problem so I know it's not their website playing up. I use e-bay a lot for selling stuff and this has never happenned before and now i'ts been happenning since this morning.....I just logged onto Natwest ans am able to navigate around their website no problem, so I just tried e-bay again and sure enough it freezes?????can anyone help please.....I am using xp home on this laptop

Halmer 18:38 03 Oct 08

and Zone Alarm?

liloldlady 18:45 03 Oct 08

I use internet explorer but I done know if I am using zone alarm? how can I find out..Thanks

NewestRoyWidd1 18:49 03 Oct 08

If you have Zone Alarm,there should be a 'Z'showing in the bottom left of your screen near to the clock.

NewestRoyWidd1 18:50 03 Oct 08

That should read bottom right,apologies for the"senior momment"

liloldlady 18:55 03 Oct 08

No there is no z it's alright to have senior moments I have many :-) I have just tried turning off the firewall but that did not help.....

woodchip 19:11 03 Oct 08

try another browser. click here

BigAl127 22:21 03 Oct 08

I'm having the same problem in Internet explorer, but it works fine with Mozilla

lynken 01:11 04 Oct 08

I assume that you are using IE7, click on tools and then internet options, click on delete in the browsing history and click on delete all, you will be presented with another box, click on the box and click ok, this will clear your cache.

when this is done try logging into e-bay again and see how it goes.

Regards

tullie 08:02 04 Oct 08

And if you are using XP,dont brely on Windows Firewall.

setecio 09:24 04 Oct 08

Update flash and update java and maybe change your MTU to 1400.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac