Computer Freezes after about 3 Min

Woodmouse 06:50 21 Jul 03

Windows XP, 512Mb Ram, Tornado Ge-Force 4 MX440 Graphics Card. Installed new PSU and CPU(1.8Mhz). When running Flight Sim 2002, program now freezes after about 3 minutes. I have downloaded the nVidea Detonator XP Driver and installed, and have re-installed Flight Sim, but the program still freezes. I suspect that my other graphical programs will suffer in the same way.

Lozzy 08:49 21 Jul 03

Check that your Ram is seated properly. Flight sim is ram hungry and if you have installed a new CPU you could have touched it and dislodged it. Even though you may go into and see 512mb of ram there if its not seated prop this will cause a system freeze.

Woodmouse 09:47 21 Jul 03

Thanks - I have already inspected all the components, but I will re-check the two Ram Memory Sticks.

I have been having problems with Flight Simulator 2000 for the last week or so.

Mine doesn't freeze totally, but does get quite juddery.

I spent the whole weekend trying to find out why? My system is a 2 Ghz, 512 Mb, Ge-Force 100/200 Graphics Card (I think).

When I last played it a few weeks ago it worked fine. The only thing that I have done since then is to apply the latest Microsoft patches. Tried doing a system restore to 3 weeks ago, but this didn't make any difference. I have also run a full virus scan, run adaware, done a full surface scan, and defraged the drives. Nothing is making any difference.

Taw 18:34 21 Jul 03

I have a similar spec to yourself except 1.4 Ath;on and gforce 2 mx 400 Im using the nvidia driver 4.1.0.9 as when I loaded the next set after this my comp froze every few minutes. After rollong back to 4.1.0.9 the system has been fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…