computer freezes

xbssbx 19:01 14 Feb 05

I have got a windows ME 128mb and it is forever freezing up at iregular times.This has only started to happen over the last couple of months.I have also just had broad/band installed but still have the problem with the b/band modem unistalled so I dont think it is that.I am running norton anti virus and zonealarm firewall as well.I have just factory restored the computer hoping to clear the problem but to no avail.Can any one shed some light on the possible problem before i have to spend out money on someone only to tell me its sometime simple to cure.The puter is 3 and a half yrs old with on recent problems

FelixTCat 19:08 14 Feb 05

At one time Zone Alarm had a reputation for causing problems. Are you using the latest version?

canard 21:36 14 Feb 05

Memory probs? Empty temp internet files or better still run crapcleaner and defrag. Graphics card probs? Check for new drivers.Check your startup progs and untick the ones that aren't essential to run PC. Do you need all the icons on the quick launch bar and task bar?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…