Computer Freezes

mike55 12:33 31 Dec 03

My computer keeps freezing (is it the weather?). If I am using it then it gets slower and slower and finally stops, the HDD red light on the processor unit glows continuously and even Ctrl-Alt-Del has no effect. I have to reset the machine. It looks as if something is hogging more and more of the memory?? if so how could I find out what or can anyone offer any helpful suggestions, preferably practical ones.
Happy New Year to All

Trackrat 12:49 31 Dec 03

Could you please give some information about your computer, OS and any error messages you get because at the moment their is nothing to work with to supply a solution.

spuds 13:28 31 Dec 03

Having similar problems,will re-post. Perhaps the two of us can get to the problem(;o)

woodchip 13:37 31 Dec 03

Could be any prob but check fan is turning on CPU, also check for new Graphics drivers

gold 47 13:38 31 Dec 03

Have you cleared all tempory files and defragmented your drive??? if this doesn't work you might have to format and reinstall your OS before you do that check for any viruses first.

mike55 15:32 06 Jan 04

Thanks for all the advice. I have increased the memory to 512M and all is well at the moment.

Jester2K 15:36 06 Jan 04

Have you checked what programs are starting on boot up?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…