computer freeze after 2hrs

16877elvis 19:16 28 May 07

when i do a virus scan it takes about nearly 3hrs to complete with norton security 2007,if i don move the mouse or touch the keyboard within that time the screen go's into stand by and wont come back on.
the on off button on the tower flashes and the orange light stays on.
i press ctrl alt and delete but nothing happens i try every button but nothing happens, so i have to switch off and start again,also it runs slow.
any answers please help?

birdface 19:19 28 May 07

click here Run the Norton removal tool and then run C Cleaner then reinstall Norton.

birdface 19:32 28 May 07

If deleting Norton does not sort it,Make sure all the air vents are not clogged up with dust or fluff,Also check Task Manager to see if there is anything hogging the Cpu.

MAJ 19:43 28 May 07

Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Power Schemes tab and make sure the "Turn off Hard Disks", "Turn off Monitor" and "System Standby" options are all set to "Never", click Apply and OK to exit. Then go to Control Panel > Display > Screensaver tab and set the screensaver to "None". Click Apply and OK to exit.

wee eddie 22:34 28 May 07

How large is your Hard Drive and how full is it?

Do you have any External or other Drives attached?

wee eddie 18:04 30 May 07

"my hard drive is meant to be 40gb according to my C drive properties I have used 25.6gb and I have 8.41gb free space left"

Do you have any External/USB Devices attached. Also check that there is not a CD or DVD in the drive.

Please post all responses on here as others, with similar problems may wish to follow the Thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…