Computer freeze

omega-13 22:36 10 Sep 05

Just bought a new cube delphinus from cube247, installed aol and have found that since aol runs now and again it freezes my pc and i have to shut it down then clear the aol cache and rebuild the adapter before i can log on again. I have all my anti-virus,firewall spyware blockers and all that and still can't find a reason, anybody had a similar problem,knows a fix
cheers

Diodorus Siculus 07:49 11 Sep 05

Are you on XP? Try a check of the system files as a starter

click here
scannow sfc - how to use SFC.EXE (system file checker).

omega-13 10:41 11 Sep 05

I'm running xp pro sp2. Cheers for the new run command, never knew that one, something sort of happens but it just flashes up on my screen for less than a second, so i will wait and see if it does anything, I'm still thinking it's something to do with aol as i have to keep rebuilding the adapter before i sign on.

omega-13 11:18 11 Sep 05

It's done it again, i'm starting to think it's not just aol but also my cordless keyboard and mouse from logitech, which is brand new with new batteries in it, I will be phoning cube on monday to get this sorted, anyone else had this problem with a cube247 pc?

Diodorus Siculus 13:01 11 Sep 05

SFC should do more than simply flash up on the screen.

Are you sure you're entering the command correctly:

sfc (space)forward slash scannow

ie

sfc /scannow

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…