Computer fair PC's

Rodders06 20:27 22 Jul 04

I need to up grade by aging PC (p1). Been looking
at the "rebuilt" PC's on offer at my local computer fair (Northern computers Bradford).
These vary from about £230-430 depending on spec

Cheaper used asrock motherboards with AMD processors etc.

No software. Anyone had one,? are they ok or should these be avoided?

Advise please.

Rod

Diodorus Siculus 20:30 22 Jul 04

It will all depend on the vendor - many of them are there week in, week out and give a decent warranty. A small few come once a month and give a 30days warranty... if you can find them in between.

Many also have outlets in various other places; check with the vendors and have a chat about general PC issues to see what they know.

Gaz 25 20:31 22 Jul 04

asrock motherboards, although ok.

I wouldnt suggest them,

I'd only buy Gigabyte, MSI, Abit or Tyan.

Dorsai 20:35 22 Jul 04

The only suggestion i can make is to go there early in the morning, buy what you want and go straight home, and try it. That way if it don't work right/at all, the fair is still running and the trader you bought from is probably still there, and you can try to get a refund.

Also pay by credit card, as that way the trader is registered/traceable in some way, and you can make a claim from your card company/stop payment, as most C/Cards have some form of insurance on purchases over a certain amount.

Never been to a PC fair, let alone bought from one though. just general advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…