computer failing to boot

tom2004 17:29 23 Jul 04

just built myself a new pc, using MSI m/b and amd 3000 cpu. connected everything together, powered up and bios came up ok. checked the settings, rebooted and now the machine powers up, but doesn't actually do anything, all i get is a monitor that says it has no connection.
any tips on what to do would be much appreciated thanks

woodchip 17:33 23 Jul 04

Yes try removing all the Drive power cables, see if you can get back into BIOS and set BOIS TO defaults then put drives back one at a time shutting down and pulling the plug between each

SANTOS7 17:33 23 Jul 04

click here this may help

tom2004 23:02 23 Jul 04

thanks 4 the repls guys, disconnected drives, cables etc, tried different monitor, still got the problem.
any other suggestions? all the fans are running, but it doesnt appear to be doing a POST. is it possible i unwittingly changed something in thr bios that has caused this? bit stuck 4 ideas now...:-(

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:11 23 Jul 04

No signal message on monitor means no output from graphics card/cable

Check graphic card inserted correctly,new ones quite awkward to fit properly, gold contacts should disappear completely into AGP slot

Try another cable?

THE TERMINATOR 23:11 23 Jul 04

The drive doesn't seem to be recognised by your system. Go into BIOS and change your settings for your drive to auto....TT

THE TERMINATOR 23:14 23 Jul 04

Also you can make sure you graphics card is seated securely....TT

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…