Computer Driving Licences

  Chris the Ancient 18:34 22 Apr 04

A colleague has just asked me a very interesting question!

P'raps someone else will know the answer, I sure as heck don't.

What is the difference between the European Computer Driving Licence and the American Computer Driving Licence?


  GANDALF <|:-)> 18:40 22 Apr 04

The country.

AFAIK there is not an American equivalent.


  Chris the Ancient 18:46 22 Apr 04

This is what comes of talking to an American!

What I SHOULD have asked is the difference between an International CDL and a European CDL.

Tell you something. It's hard to type when your head's hanging in abjsect shame!

  end 18:52 22 Apr 04

(I"m sorry , but I am now seeing a computer being driven down the road and I THINK they both drive on the right ).....does one now have to have a driving license to operate a computer.....

  VoG II 18:53 22 Apr 04

None click here

  Chris the Ancient 18:56 22 Apr 04

It is rather mind-boggling!

The CDL was introduced a while back because there were so many variations on a theme for qualifications in IT use with CLAIT, RSA, C&G, NVQ's etc. So, someone thought 'What the heck! - let's have a universal Qualification'. And introduced another one. And that has now started sprouting!

Beam me up, Scotty!

  Chris the Ancient 18:58 22 Apr 04

Simultaneous replies!

VoG™ Thanks - posted that link to my colleage. She can work it out!

ps - VoG™ managed to make a 1-word answer!

  end 22:51 22 Apr 04

a one word answer??? "energize".....and in Scotty"s accent.."where are you off to, lads "n" lasses??".....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…