Computer does not see BT Home Hub

TN 20:58 13 Aug 08

I have been using an earlier BT Hub to connect to my ISP which I TalkTalk. Last wek I bought a nearly new latest BT Hub on e-bay. However when I type in the address to connect to the hub (click here) I get an error page in both Opera and IE7. I have tried the old "admin" and "admin" for password but same result. I had my friend check it on his computer and it works perfectly connected exactly as I had it connected. He is with BT as his ISP but surely the hub cannot tell what my ISP is when the internet cable is not connected. And yes I have tried it with only the Ethernet cable connected and all cables connected but the result is the same. On variouys forums there are ways to unlock the hub but to do this you have of course to get access to it which is not possible in my case. Any help would be sincerel;y appreciated as my mate and myself are at the end of out tether for something so simple beating us!BTW the Power light and the Wireless light both show green and when the Broadband is connected the broadband of course shows Orange/Red as it does not have the User Name and password for Talktalk installed.

Technotiger 21:05 13 Aug 08

The BT HomeHub will only work with BT as your ISP.

I do use the BT HomeHub Version 1,5 and it is excellent.

TN 22:38 13 Aug 08

Thanks Technotiger but I have been using the earlier BT Hub for about 9 months on Talktalk with no problems - it CAN be unlocked but my problem is that I cannot get into the hub to run the unlocking. Even before connecting to any ISP I should be able to enter the hub with the "click here" address.

woodchip 22:44 13 Aug 08

Have you tried new firmware for the router from them that made the router? as that should unlock it

Zeppelyn 23:44 13 Aug 08

Suggest you post here in Home Hub forum, these guys know all there is to know. click here

Ditch999 13:50 14 Aug 08

try typing 192.168.1.254 in to your webbrowser instead. Nothing else, just 192.168.1.254

Daveboy 14:19 14 Aug 08

Re-set the hub to factory defaults, previous owner has probably set his own addresses in it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now