Computer does not recognise my TomTom One

ianeon 11:03 31 Mar 07

Good morning - My comp. doesn't recognise my SatNav when I plug it in to update it.- It doesn't show on "My computer" - Device manager shows no yellow triangles - The TomTom programme indicates that the device isn't attached( it is physically ) - Can anyone help please?

Dannyb 11:07 31 Mar 07

I assume that you plugged it into the mains, then the PC and then switched on the Tom Tom?

ianeon 12:17 31 Mar 07

LOL - Yes - I have carried out every combination of connecting the thing

audeal 15:23 31 Mar 07

Try reinstalling Active Sync

Dannyb 16:48 31 Mar 07

Have you tried disconnecting, soft re-setting the Tom Tom and re-booting your PC and then starting again?

ianeon 17:19 31 Mar 07

TY - I have installed ActiveSync - I didn't need it before. "Dannyb" - I have tried everythinh you sugggest - But I still have the problem - Thank you for your advice

Mad Will 17:39 31 Mar 07

Ok Tomtom one will only work with windows 2000, windows xp and mac also you should have a disc with your tomtom in device manager reinstall the drivers and when it asks for where the drivers are point it to the cdrom drive where the tomtom cd is

ianeon 18:46 31 Mar 07

"Mad Will" - Thank you but that doesn't work - Drivers are not on the disc that comes with your TomTom - The disc contains a manual and a tool for backing up your memory card - thats it

Mad Will 14:45 08 Apr 07

ok have you had a look on the tom tom website, but also if flash pens don't work in your computer proply you could have a corrupted windows

ianeon 14:55 08 Apr 07

"Mad Will" - Thank you for those thoughts, but my comp. works 100% except for this one problem

g0nvs 15:46 08 Apr 07

Did you switch your Tom Tom on ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…