computer dictation

rupie 11:50 AM 29 Jun 08

I am looking for a piece of software that can convert my speech to words, as i dictate. I have recording software and can create many formats of audio file but I want to conver it to a document such as word, that just needs proofing afterwards ???

Newuser38 17:15 PM 29 Jun 08

click here produce software that converts speech to text if you check their site I think you could find what you are seeking.

I used to use Dragon Naturally Speaking which was ok but there was a learning period in terms of how you speak, speed etc.

They also used to sell the software with a mike headset included which is needed for dictation.

Forum Editor 23:35 PM 29 Jun 08

you'll have speech recognition capabilities. You can use it to dictate text to Wordpad, or to give commands to the operating system.

I haven't used it myself, so I can't comment on its effectiveness. You'll find a speech recognition icon in the Control panel - click on it and take it from there; you'll need a microphone before you start.

rupie 16:04 PM 30 Jun 08

you can activate speech recog, in xp, if using office xp, I wonder how good it is...
I need it for my wifes college cource and so cannot afford expensice office/commercial products.

Forum Editor 18:36 PM 30 Jun 08

and let us know how you get on?

Voice recognition was discontinued when Office 2007 came along, and I can't help feeling there was a good reason for that.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to choose a photographer

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone