computer depression

helpmeagain 20:53 18 May 05

does any one have any idea how i can stop getting depressed over my computer. I have a device driver problem and no matter what i try it is coming back to haunt me. I have tried start,setting,device manager and found what device it is i have removed it as i don't need it, but the bloody thing keeps crashing my computer and then it sends an error log to mircosoft. saying i have a device driver problem. Win XP user.

P.s Who is the moron who has filled for advice on the same question over 10 times. can we beat him over the head with a hard drive

Completealias 20:57 18 May 05

What device is it that is causing the problem in your system?

Is it a PCI card? If so you could remove it completely if you do not need it.

Alternitavly you could try updating the driver for the device through windows update or driverguide.com etc

Diodorus Siculus 20:58 18 May 05

What is the device? Can you physically uninstall it?

woodchip 21:02 18 May 05

If you know what it is in Device Manager you can Disable it there

Forum Editor 21:05 18 May 05

over such things - we all know the feeling - but we can probably fix this if you supply the information we need.

When you say you have removed the device bec ause you don't need it what do you mean exactly - what is it?

Belatucadrus 21:10 18 May 05

Also note that Microsoft error log has a tendency to blame driver problems when it doesn't know what's wrong.

helpmeagain 21:24 18 May 05

The problem is registaing as

network adapter sis 900 based PCI fast ethernet adapter, i have broadband at home and i use an external ASDL via USB in the back of the tower.

Runinng Win XP

helpmeagain 21:41 18 May 05

i am beginning to think that my computer has personal issues agianst me.

woodchip 21:48 18 May 05

Right this is what you do, as I had the same problem. If you can disable LAN in BIOS, if not Disable ETHERNET in Device Manager. Make shure it's the right one in Device Manager

Arthur Scrimshaw 21:51 18 May 05

perhaps you could start by listing the main specs of your system (including o/s) and if it is networked or not? Also make a note of the exact error msg you are getting and post it here.

helpmeagain 21:52 18 May 05

i have disable it and it has a big red cross on it as well, i am running out of ideas can't i takle the thing out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…