Computer Dead!

shezzer 20:23 18 Jun 04

After flashing the bios computer wouldn,t boot up so reset the bios from jumper on the motherboard.All was well on default settings but when i tried to put correct settings computer kept crashing. On the last attempt computer wouldn,t even power up. I have tested the power supply unit on another computer and it works fine.I dont know what i can try next dont want to buy another motherboard until i know thats the problem.Can anyone help?

johnsims 20:28 18 Jun 04

Sounds like the attempt to update the bios did not go totally as planned. Have you tried to redo it?

woodchip 20:31 18 Jun 04

Will it start with default. if it does then the BIOS is not at fault

Dorsai 20:34 18 Jun 04

You flashed the Bios and now it's dead...

click here

for a link to someone (Never used, can't vouch for) that sells new Bios chips...
you'll have to check what they say about how likely it is to work for yourslef thou..never flashed a bios or had it go FUBAR.

shezzer 20:41 18 Jun 04

Computer wont even power up as though the power supply is dead but having put another power supply that i know is works i get nothing

Dorsai 20:49 18 Jun 04

This is why they now make duel, dule, ....rats.....

This is why they now make mobo's with twin bios chips, if you flash one and kill it you power-up from the other (un-flashed one) and restore the dud...

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:05 18 Jun 04

If it started ok with default then Bios ok, you may have fried chip when changing settings but would expect monitor and hdd to light.

Reset jumper to bios default and retry what happens?

Dorsai 21:13 18 Jun 04

You have updated your bios. Are you using an out of date manual? Check to see if there is a more up to date manual that suits the updated bios.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…