Computer crashing when plugging in modem

bowie 19:31 03 Dec 06

Hi all,
My son has had talktalk broadband for a couple of years with no problems until recently,when he started the computer up it crashed and would not restart without crashing, i started it up in safe mode and did a rollback it still crashed,i then restarted and it started up with no problems,i then noticed that the modem had no lights hence no internet, when i plugged the modem back in the computer crashed,it runs fine with the modem unplugged but as soon as i plug it back in it crashes.
the modem is a sagem [email protected] 800 e2t, os win xp sp 2
any ideas

namtas 20:00 03 Dec 06

It appears that the modem has developed a fault, likely to be drawing an excess power when connected to your computer. Try another Modem.

Stuartli 20:16 03 Dec 06

I used to have the Sagem [email protected] USB modem - it packed up after 14 months and apparently it's fairly common for them to fail.

Stuartli 20:20 03 Dec 06

Ironically the Sagem packed up just two days after I had switched from Tiscali to TalkTalk, but fortunately I had already bought a modem router from e-Buyer:

click here

I paid £23+ including delivery but it has now dropped in price.

Very sound rebadged Safecom model and rated up to ADSLMax+2.

bowie 12:44 24 Dec 06

Following on from previous post i have just changed the modem router to one mentioned by Stuartli,connected it as per instructions but it will not connect to isp, i think it is still trying to connect through old modem, how do i set it to new modem.
ps. son can not find istall disc from takltalk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…