Computer Crashing problems

Uri 12:12 16 Jun 03

My HP (Athlon) has started to crash, sometimes after only 20 mins WPing. It seems to last a little longer on the net. It can take an hour or more for me to restart. The problem started shortly after I downloaded aol 8, and several microsoft updates. Maybe coincidence? Has anyone had similar experiences and any advice to offer, please.

Gongoozler 14:42 16 Jun 03

Hi Uri. If your computer takes a time to recover after the crash and switch-off before you can reboot, then it is most likely an overheating problem. This would most likely be the processor or hard drive. I think your downloads are a coincidence. The more likely trigger is probably the hot weather (assuming it is as hot where you are as it is here in mid Essex)

Uri 20:00 16 Jun 03

Thank you Gongoozler. Yep, maybe. It gets worse as the temp rises (or seems to)Grateful!

Gongoozler 12:48 17 Jun 03

Hi Uri. Check your processor fan is working properly. If the time before you can reboot is more than a few minutes, it is more likely to be the hard drive. You can fit a fan to blow directly on the hard drive, but it is not impossible that the drive itself is failing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…