Computer crashes when printing

prykie 17:24 05 Dec 05

Recently my computer has frozen when I print. It doesn't happen all the time. The cursor won't move and control/alt/delete doesn't work so I have to do a hot turn off. I have Zone Alarm and Norton AV so I should be bug free. Can anyone suggest what might be causing this?

Graham ® 17:28 05 Dec 05

May be a USB power issue. Try removing other devices to test. Look in Device Manager, USB hub, Properties, Power to see what power is being drawn.

Graham ® 17:30 05 Dec 05

Also check in Event Viewer, System, to see if the event is logged.

prykie 18:46 05 Dec 05

Thanks Graham. I looked in device manager and it all looked OK. Looked in events and the crashes are logged. Today's says "the browser service has failed to retrieve the backup list too many times on transport %1. The backup browser is stopping. Explanation that I may have poor network health. I went onto the website but all the jargon is too much for me. I am not into the technics of computers. Any further ideas please? Also how can I improve network connectivity?

Totally-braindead 18:49 05 Dec 05

What I would try in the first instance is deleting the printer and its drivers and then reinstalling them, if that doesn't work try removing all USB devices apart from the printer and try that in case it is a power issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…