COMPUTER CRASHES WHEN PLAYING L.O.T.R DEMO DISK

middleroom 14:02 12 Dec 03

I have tried to play the new l.o.t.r demo disk which was free in last Sunday's mail. After about 1 min. my computer crashes performs a scan and reboots. On completion it states that a serious error has occurred. The details are the following:
C:\DOCUME~1\window~1\locals\temp\WERA.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml
C:\WINDOWS\minidump\mini 121203-01dmp

I am hoping to buy the game but worried that it will do the same as the demo? Do i need to uprgrade anything? I am using xp pro 512mb + 70gb

Any help would be appreciated

Jester2K II 14:59 12 Dec 03

The details are the following: C:\DOCUME~1\window~1\locals\temp\WERA.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

We'll need the contents of that file to know whats happened...

middleroom 16:14 12 Dec 03

how do i find the contents of the file? Do i have to play the demo again to see if it crashes?

BrianW 16:57 12 Dec 03

I had exactly the same experience and binned the disc.

Stuartli 17:39 12 Dec 03

I've posted details in the past of problems with the Mail on Sunday film trailer CD-ROMs - they upset configurations, alter screen resolution and colour settings and cause a variety of other problems.

Since that time I, along with most others, have made sure that a MoS CD-ROM doesn't come within the length of the living room of our systems.

middleroom 18:54 12 Dec 03

Straight in the bin it is then.
Have either of you experienced similar problems with actual games?

AndySD 18:57 12 Dec 03

This has been a problem for many years with Demo games..... you only get a bit of the game and basic configeration settings with them... Normally the problems dont follow with the full game.

middleroom 20:57 12 Dec 03

thanks for all your advice

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…