Computer crashes after playing games

graham12 16 Jun 12
Answered

My computer crashes after playing 2 games being Railworks 2012 and Trainz 2012 both these games played before this problem started, the computer will play normally for anything from 5 to 20 minutes before crashing in that the screen goes blank but the computer is still on.

I had a look on the trainz forums and it looked like it could be a power problem so changed that from 250W up 650W and this has made no difference.

Could this be a graphic card problem?

My computer spec is Window 7 Home Premium 64 bit Intel Core 2 Quad processor Q8300 NVIDIA Geforce GT220 1024MB 1 TB HDD, 6 GBB DDR2.

Can anybody shed some light as to what could be going wrong Thanks

KRONOS the First 16 Jun 12

The GT 220 should be able to handle these games. Do you have the latest drivers? Make sure that the graphics cards fan is not overly dusty a soft brush and hoover works for me. Failing any improvement you could cheaply upgrade to a GT430 which might be worth considering.

graham12 16 Jun 12

Yes I have the latest drivers but the only thing that I haven't done was check for dust so that's my next job. Will give this a go and see what happens

Thanks

graham12 16 Jun 12
Answer

Hi Chronus it was my graphic card that was faulty so have upgraded to a Geforce GT430 and everything is working fine.

Thanks

KRONOS the First 16 Jun 12

Glad to hear it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message