Computer Crashes

SURVEY 22:38 16 Nov 04

I have a new computer with top spec. (AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor, 1024MB etc.) Since delivery a few weeks ago it has crashed at various times with an error message ' DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL....... first messages stated No hard Disk Drive Detected, then BIOS not installed!

The manufacturers , Mesh, reset the BIOS over the phone and all OK for a few days. then the DRIVER IRQ mesage came up on a blue screen and all crashed. Fired up again and OK for a while. Mesh then said problem definitely memory modules conflicting (two 512's) and they would replace these plus the Hard Disk just in case. Since then and having to spend hours reloading my programs, it has crashed again and now I am informed the problem must definitely (again!) be the Motherboard and I am getting a repacement.

Any views?

VoG II 22:44 16 Nov 04

Demand a replacement machine. It is not fit for purpose.

stalion 22:44 16 Nov 04
  SURVEY 22:49 16 Nov 04

I am getting a replacement and they say they can install my hard drive so that I do not lose my data.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…