Computer crashed

microman 18:29 12 Feb 05

Hi all
Thusday night I was downloading sp2 from microsoft and my pc crashed.When I tried to start up again it wouldn't even go into the bios.I have checked the video card & thats ok,checked the ram & thats ok I even tried a p4 3.2 chip and that made no diff-.My current chip is a P4 3.4.The only thing I can think it could be now is my mother board?any one got any ideas?The mother board on the pc is a gigabyte titan ga-8ipe1000 if it is my board should I just replace it with the same or buy a different one?any ideas.I would be very grateful for any help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:47 12 Feb 05

Do fans run?

If will not go into BIOS Check PSU

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:11 13 Feb 05

my do run when you turn it on.I got it going once in safe mode but it just froze up.I even tried to go into the bios once and the same-it just froze.Now all it will do is try to start- ie all the fans start the hard drive clicks a few times and then stops.

microman please post your replies here rather than use the yellow envelope. that way everyone can see and reply to your problem.

You may have a faulty HDD corrupted during the crash.

Can you boot with the XP CD in the drive? watch for message press any key to boot from CD.
wait for it to boot then Press R, XP gets into recovery consul select windows system (1) and at c:\ tpye fixboot

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:12 13 Feb 05

Using Recovery Consul
click here
click here

microman 14:16 13 Feb 05

The system won't boot up from the cd drive it doesn't get that far.I tried my p4 chip in another pc and it was ok.I then stripped the pc down to just the power supply mother board & chip,I powered up waiting for it to start beeping but it didnt make a sound

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:29 13 Feb 05

Add components 1 at a time start with graphics card you should then see something on the monitor.

Next add 1 HDD and see what happens.

microman 14:52 13 Feb 05

I tried adding one at a time even when I plug the graphics card in nothing shows on the screen.I know the card is ok because I am using it now on this machine.What I can't understand is that I am getting no beeps at all off the machine,I thought it should beep as to ask where the ram is and so on but it doesn't make a sound.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:11 13 Feb 05

PC speaker attatched?

Should get one beep on completion of good POST.

No Picture / beeps

usual is faulty memory or badly seated

faulty grahics card or badly seated.

If fans start then stop PSU / chip

microman 20:56 13 Feb 05

speaker is pluged in but I am still not getting any sounds with what ever I plug in?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…