Computer Crash

sniperfx20 01:12 19 Dec 07

Hey I am having this weird problem that has been occuring for some time now. It normally happens when im not around. My labtop would FREEZE up...and im forced to do a shutdown by holding the button down. Once in a while i leave my labtop running at night and wake up the next day to find it frozen again :|.....my specs are :

Windows Vista Premium (6.0 Build 6000)
HP Laptop Pavilion dv6000
Processor:
AMD Turion (tm) 64x2 Mobile Technology TL-60, 2.0 GHZ
2000 MB RAM
Dirext X 10 installed
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 330 MB

Any help will be apperciated, i also run updates regulary and bought this labtop not even 4 months ago.....Thanks

mrwoowoo 02:16 19 Dec 07

Laptops are fairly notorious for heat build up and i certainly would not leave one on overnight,even if downloading.
The fact that it happens overnight or when you are not there does seem to point to heat build up as it only seems to happen when left on a while.
Only my opinion,perhaps someone with more experience with laptops can confirm or poo poo my theory.

mrwoowoo 02:25 19 Dec 07

seems a big enough problem for manufactureres to sell cooling devices.
click here

sniperfx20 04:06 19 Dec 07

so you think it is caused from overheating?

mrwoowoo 17:04 19 Dec 07

a snippit from a link
"Overheating is probably the number one problem people face when buying a laptop. They wonder why there laptop shut off, of froze up".
this link has a few suggestions.

click here

skidzy 17:34 19 Dec 07

Are you using a screensaver ? if so,disable this and see if the machine improves.

This could also be a power option that needs tinkering,though do not rule out overheating as suggested by mrwoowoo.

What i do with my lappy,its placed on a piece of ply on my lap,defeats the object of a small computer for your lap really when you have chunk of wood on your lap as well,but this will aid in dispersing the heat instead of it snuggled in your clothing with no air flow.

sniperfx20 21:31 19 Dec 07

no screen saver :P

sniperfx20 21:33 19 Dec 07

what i do is i have actual pieces of extra hardwood connected as like a mini table u can say which rests on an extra chair in my room.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…