Computer crash

hiwatt 13:45 15 Aug 07

I had posted this in the vista section over the weekend as the os is vista but had no replies and as I really need some help I'll post here too.While on my girlfriends computer it froze(as it does)and I had to switch it off at the tower.When it restarted I was told that windows had not shut down properly and that my user profile had not loaded properly and I had been logged on with a temporary profile.When I logged on the apperance had changed and the IE icon had dissapeared as well as my downloads folder.None of my programs worked saying system crash.I tried doing a disk error check and now I can't even log on.When I enter my password after about a minute it says logging off and returns to the welcome screen.Can anyone suggest anything please as a last resort before returning it?Thanks.

johndrew 15:07 15 Aug 07

I know virtually nothing of Vista, but does it have a Restore facility? If so can you start in Safe Mode and do a Restore?

simmo07 15:30 15 Aug 07
  hiwatt 17:05 15 Aug 07

Thanks very much for the replys folks.I tried to do a system restore and there were no restore points?Yet before it crashed,system restore was on.It's as if it had logged me on as a different user and everything had changed.Now it wont let me log on at all,only in safe mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…