Computer crash

hiwatt 13:45 15 Aug 07

I had posted this in the vista section over the weekend as the os is vista but had no replies and as I really need some help I'll post here too.While on my girlfriends computer it froze(as it does)and I had to switch it off at the tower.When it restarted I was told that windows had not shut down properly and that my user profile had not loaded properly and I had been logged on with a temporary profile.When I logged on the apperance had changed and the IE icon had dissapeared as well as my downloads folder.None of my programs worked saying system crash.I tried doing a disk error check and now I can't even log on.When I enter my password after about a minute it says logging off and returns to the welcome screen.Can anyone suggest anything please as a last resort before returning it?Thanks.

johndrew 15:07 15 Aug 07

I know virtually nothing of Vista, but does it have a Restore facility? If so can you start in Safe Mode and do a Restore?

simmo07 15:30 15 Aug 07
  hiwatt 17:05 15 Aug 07

Thanks very much for the replys folks.I tried to do a system restore and there were no restore points?Yet before it crashed,system restore was on.It's as if it had logged me on as a different user and everything had changed.Now it wont let me log on at all,only in safe mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5