computer crash

sak41 15:52 08 Sep 03

please can someone advise me. my pc has crashed and will not boot. i have tryed to put in the system recovery disc but it askes for a command to be typed in. i have done this but it says it is an invalid command. my operating system is windows ME.

Diemmess 16:24 08 Sep 03

Mainly to keep this thread alive...........

Did you change anything just before the crash? ......... Did it behave normally until you booted up, or did you simply crash while in Windows?

Philip2 16:38 08 Sep 03

A recovery disk should recover your computer,when you say it askes you to put a command in are you saying the disk puts you into a dos command prompt
what is the command it askes you to type??
If you have a ME start up floppy use this and choose boot with cd rom support check the bios is set to first boot floppy.

Wobby 17:24 08 Sep 03

ME recovery discs are generally created by the PC manufacturer and supplied at purchase. If you give your supplier a call on their technical support line they will be able to give you the code that you need to type in for the cd to run.

keith-236785 19:02 08 Sep 03

two ways to go here

1. set your cd to first boot device in the bios then try to use your restore cd.#

2. use a start up floppy disk to boot up with, when you get the menu choose option 1. start with cdrom support

when it has finished loading change to the cdrom drive by typing

d:

then type dir/w/p

this will show you all the files on the cd and will only scroll when you press a key, you should be looking for an exe file to autorun the cd, something like restore.exe.

if for example it is restore.exe just type

restore

then press enter, then follow the on screen instructions. ( i dont have a restore disc so im afraid thats as far as i can go)

good luck

good luck

Philip2 20:09 08 Sep 03

You will only need a code for your recovery cd if you used it a number of times i was told by my tech support,it was for security and i would always have to enter the code there after.

sak41 11:58 10 Sep 03

thanks i will try out theses things and get back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…