Computer constantly crashing

lovettatgolf 10:16 16 Aug 03

Virtually every time I use the computer it Crashes. Iam using XP professional but am very much a novice. When I restart I get the Your Computer has recovered etc. The error report always contains one or both of the following:-
C:\DOCUME~I\Dave\LOCALS~I\Temp\WER3.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xm
Sometimes the figure after WER is 8 or 9.
The second error report is:- C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini072403.01.dmp

Can anybody help Needs to be in luddite language!

DieSse 10:23 16 Aug 03

Go to Start - Programs - Acessories - System Tools - Disk Cleanup and run the program.

This should remove all temp files from your system (caution - could take a long time). It's totally safe, you don't need any of them.

The error listed seems to be related to something in a temporary folder, so deleting them all might clear it.

Do you have an anti-virus program, and is it up to date, and have you done a recent full scan?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:36 16 Aug 03

1) delete everything in the C:\WINDOWS\Minidump folder.

2) If you feel confident, take off the back of your computer and take the soundcard out and reseat it carefully. This error sometimes happens if the soundcard is loose.

3) This is a common problem if you have a Soundblaster card as they are somewhat iffy with XP.....so you can go into the system settings, click the advanced tab, and then click the error reporting button on the bottom-right of the window. You should see a new popup window. Here, click the "disable error reporting" bullet, and uncheck the "but notify me when critical errors occur" box. It may be worth checking to see if you have the lataest drivers for the soundcard.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant