Computer to Computer

My brother is a DJ and I want to copy the music from his laptop to my computer (I lost all mine due to a virus). Can someone give me a step by step guide on how I would do this by linking the computers (not burning them all to disc) and what sort of lead I would need. Thanks.

cga 09:24 08 Aug 04

Not sure what generation of computers you have but you may be able to use a USB interlink cable.

If you both have network ports then connection through a router may be a solution.

The cheapest and most effective way may be by using a memory stick.

These are generic solutions. I hope that I have not assisted you in the illegal copying of copyright music.

No they are cds he has bought and put on to his computer. I have a x-over cable would that do it? Once I have joined the computers what then?

bump

SEASHANTY 10:18 08 Aug 04

Quite a slection of info if you search in Google
click here

spanneress 10:46 08 Aug 04

Which operating systems are you using? DO you both have networks cards installed?

Cross over cable is a simple way of sharing data..just follow the wizards and share the folder that contains the data....

pj123 12:21 08 Aug 04

Be very careful [email protected], "No they are cds he has bought and put on to his computer." That is illegal, and if you are now going to copy them to your computer that is even more illegal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…