Computer clock problem

Andsome 08:50 04 Apr 07

I noticed that my computer clock is one hour fast. I tried correcting this with the Internet clock but I get a message that an error occurred and the time could not be adjusted. I can correct the time by removing the tick in the box that says 'automatically adjust for daylight saving changes', but surely this is not right? I Googled and found the number of the patch issued by MS to reset American computers due to changes in their daylight saving hours. It is KB931836-X86-ENU.exe. I found that this is installed so I have uninstalled it, but the clock is still wrong unless I remove the daylight saving box tick. With or without the patch, the Internet time adjustment will no longer work. Anyone else had a problem?

BurrWalnut 09:23 04 Apr 07

There is a bug but I corrected it by typing europe.pool.ntp.org into the Internet Time Tab.

Diemmess 09:26 04 Apr 07

Are you sure you have the time zone correct?
Try > control panel > Date and Time >

Diemmess 09:28 04 Apr 07

Time Zone, should be GMT (i.e. if you are living in UK)

Andsome 09:48 04 Apr 07

Time zone is exactly as it has always been, Greenwich mean time:Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London.

I have tried typing Europe.pool.org into the Internet time setting and it works, many thanks for that. the usual two adresses for Internet clock are not working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now