Computer clock

Youngjohn 12:55 22 Nov 07

Some of my programmes warn me that my clock is wrong. My clock is stuck at Jan 2 2002. I have replaced the Bios battery and I have tried to reset after diabling all spyware etc without avail. I have read all of the messages as already posted relevant to this subject but non seem applicable. What else can I try?

MAJ 13:09 22 Nov 07

Have you tried setting it via the BIOS?

DieSse 15:00 22 Nov 07

When you reset the time to the correct time in Windows - does it stay correct until you close down the system and restart it?

uesquebeathus 15:55 22 Nov 07

can you tell us which motherboard you are using?
or the computer make and model?

have you moved/changed the bios reset jumper on the motherboard, there are three pins if you use the jumper on nos 1 and 2 for example it will clear the bios, and every time you switch the computer on and off it will continue to reset the bios,

you may have to put the jumper over pins 2 and 3 after which the reset will happen only on that one occasion and the time setting should stabilize.

SANTOS7 16:02 22 Nov 07

Although its new it Could be a duff CMOS battery, try another for what they cost.....

rossgolf 16:18 22 Nov 07

seems like a cmos battery

johndrew 16:36 22 Nov 07

Might sound silly, but which site are you synchronising with? I had a problem some time ago and found the server I had selected was no longer in use. I suggest you double click your clock and look at `Internet Time` to see when you last synchronised. You could also click on `Update Now` and see that it works.

Youngjohn 18:33 23 Nov 07

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Yes! I checked the battery voltage before when I fitted it back in July and that rectified the fault then and no ---- when I tried to reset the date all O.K. until I got to the actual day and then it would jump back to: 2 Jan 2002!
However I tried it in 'Safe Mode' and it worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac