computer cases

peg leg 20:03 15 Jan 05

Hi everyone,

I am going to replace my aging Packard Bell Club 366 and have been looking at the various suppliers and weighing up the pros and cons for Mesh and Evesham and the rest,all of which do some very good systems but I have also toyed with the idea of building my own!

Looking at Overclockers for the various components I was amazed at how many different styles and prices there are for system cases,some around £20 to over £100 and as I have never built a pc before I am now spoilt for choice.

Any recommendations and tips from some of you pc builders would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
pegleg

Carpigiani 20:21 15 Jan 05

I usually read the reviews of others. EBuyer is a good place to start click here

Be wary of cheap PSU's as they can sometimes cause problems with reliability.

Carpigiani 20:24 15 Jan 05

I don't know what went wrong with that link. Just search their site for cases & read the reviews.
click here

freaky 20:28 15 Jan 05

For starters: -

(a) Case size.... ATX Midi Tower, stacks of room for expansion.

(b) Colour........Black seems to be the current vogue.

Could go on, but that's enough for starters.

Personally, last month I bought a self-configured Base Unit from Mesh. Reason that by buying you get a 3-year warranty, and you know all the components will be compatible.

Had it almost a month now, set it all up, and 'touch wood' not a single problem with it!

Prior to the Mesh, I had a system built for me, no end of problems in the beginning.

As I use a computer for my business, then I do not want a lot of hassle!

dregn 20:30 15 Jan 05

I have built 3 PCs in the last couple of years and would recommend the Lian Li range of aluminium cases.
They are beautifully built and the main plus for me is the removable Motherboard tray and the removable Hard Disk cage.

They do not come with PSUs so I fitted Antec ones.

The basic case at around £ 80.00 is fine. Highly recommended !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…