Computer can't print to Epson USB printer (C46)

Mark-323050 14:27 25 Aug 05

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this problem.

Basically about a year ago my wife bought a secondhand computer from Bigpockets.

Specs:
Compaq Deskpro EN series SFF
Pentium 3 - 600mhz
15GB hard drive
256mb memory
2 USB (Ver 1)
Windows ME

My wife had an old Epson printer that would print faithfully from the serial cable. However when she got my old Epson C46 USB printer it would not print. I know the printer and the cable are both fine and I've also tested both USB ports they too work. Windows ME is fully updated from the Microsoft site.
I installed all the relevent drivers from the original Epson installation disk & tried updated drivers from their website, still to no avail.
I've used Epsons own activex problem finder online but it reports that there is no problem.
I think there is a problem with the allocation of the ports etc, but how you get around this I haven't a clue.

Any help would be graciously accepted.

cheers
picleo :-(

MoiraB 15:09 25 Aug 05

I had a similar problem when I installed one on my sister's machine. You have to follow the instructions to the letter, only switch on when it tells you etc. To start again I had to delete everything relating to Epson that was left after removing it via "Add/Remove" programmes. I can't remember all the steps but the Epson help desk told me how when I phoned them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…