Computer can't find floppy drive.

bellababy 18:19 04 Sep 04

My Compurt is unable to read floppy drive on an old laptop PC.will this mean my foppy dive kaput?

VoG II 18:36 04 Sep 04

Do you mean that it won't read a floppy disk created on an old laptop?

Can other computers read the disk?

bellababy 21:16 04 Sep 04

Hi VoG

As far as I know it won't read any flopy disk.

bellababy 21:17 04 Sep 04

Hi VoG

As far as I know it won't read any flopy disk.

VoG II 21:19 04 Sep 04

Then you are right, drive is kaput. They are not expensive and easy to fit as long as you get the cable the right way round.

bellababy 21:22 04 Sep 04

Problem is it is also uswing the CD drive which works OK.

bellababy 21:27 04 Sep 04

I'm not clued up on this! should I say they share one and the same port? or that they are combined,

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:34 04 Sep 04

I assume you start with either the floppy drive in place or the CD Drive in place.

Do not swap while laptop is switched on, will probably damage PC and will definately not see the new drive.

Try switching off laptop insert Floppy drive Reboot laptop and see if floppy now working.

bellababy 05:04 05 Sep 04

Hi Fruit Bat /\0/Thanks.
I Have just reinstalled windows 98 and it is now constantly sticking,so at the moment I'm doing a
system check up,when it's finished I'll try that and let you know results.

bellababy 07:22 05 Sep 04

Hello again Fruit Bat /\0/No the floppy just will not work, the PC can't find it! I think it must be kaput.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…