Computer Books

User-178362 16:12 14 Aug 05

I have a computer book by DK Dorling Kindersley also a set of books by Reader's Digest, Do you think there are any better computer books on the market

stalion 16:21 14 Aug 05
  Diodorus Siculus 17:40 14 Aug 05

Amazon.com: Books: Windows XP for Dummies
click here

This is pretty good and you seem to know the basics of computing and its varied terms so you should be ok.

User-178362 18:09 14 Aug 05

Thank you Stalion. My book by DK was at the top of the list. Does this mean it is one of the best or just happend to be at the top. Thank you Diodorus Someone has been telling me to buy this book. I thought they were much the same just different authors, I might take your word, and buy it. I have XP Professional, does this make a difference, and should I always state this when posting a thread?

VoG II 18:09 14 Aug 05

An on-line book for beginners click here

User-178362 19:10 14 Aug 05

Do you think Russ Walters is better than the Dummies book? Keeping in mind the problems I had with Nero, Following peoples instructions. I didn't always get the same results as they did.

Diodorus Siculus 19:39 14 Aug 05

I don't know the Russ Waltersbook but am impressed by Dummies - can't comment further.

Good luck with it!

Totally-braindead 19:02 15 Aug 05

Have to agree the Idiots guides and the Dummies guides are excellent and most libraries have copies as well.

Stuartli 14:17 17 Aug 05

My main town centre library has at least 200 books on all aspects of computers, programs, applications etc at any one time; local branches have at least half of that figure.

They are all bang up to date as well. although those people still running Windows 95, 98 and earlier programs and applications can still find books to help them.

sunny staines 16:20 19 Aug 05

the insideout series is very good

palinka 13:48 04 Sep 05

I have several of the "in Easy Steps" series.
I always advise my friends to go into a bookshop and browse before buying - what suits one doesn't suit another.
Anothe bit of advice - see if the index is any good: look for something that you've got a problem with and if it isn't indexed, don't buy the book.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…