computer alarms

Yorkie156 21:22 13 May 07

Can anybody answer the following question, I have just installed windows vista on a new PC everything runs fine, however after a period my computer makes a continuous high pitched alarm, The only way I can stop it is by powering down my PC. What could be causing this.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:28 13 May 07

Sounds like it is overheating, check your fans are working correctly

MAJ 21:28 13 May 07

Could be an overheating alarm, check that all your fans are working, especially the CPU fan.

woodchip 21:54 13 May 07

It's the temps alarm, set in your BIOS. Have a look what it is set to. it must be getting hot as it will most likely be set about 70c before it goes off. have you connected the Heatsink to the cpu with heat compound? also check it is on correctly.

woodchip 21:55 13 May 07

Is it a self built comp

Yorkie156 12:23 14 May 07

Woodchip, thanks for advice sorry for delay in getting back, yes the PC is self built

woodchip 14:16 14 May 07

Then as above it looks like it's the CPU overheating, look in BIOS for PC Health. Did you use heat compound on the cpu to heatsink?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…