Compulearn

donatello 21:13 02 Mar 06

After having shoulder operation i am no longer able to continue in my present job.I have spoken to someone from compulearn to train to A+ standard for pc repair/maintainence technician. This is a home learning course and ive been advised that it takes about a year to pass, all course work is provided by them and they guarantee a pass for you.Has anyone used these, or a similar firm to get into a computer job,and how much,this one will cost £1,500 approx and i just want some feedback from anyone who has gone down this route before i make a decision.Thanks to anyone who can assist.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:29 02 Mar 06

Compulearn make their money from the thousands of hopeful people expecting to get a job in the PC industry. In reality the chances of a career at the end of the course are almost nil.

Better putting yor money into a plumbing course.

phono 21:50 02 Mar 06

I would have to agree with Fruit Bat /\0/\ I would say that while you Compulearn they will Compuearn.

I have not researched it very much but I would guess that A+ certification is fairly low in the pecking order of computer qualifications.

snowy30 00:04 03 Mar 06

I had a similar experience, before I went ahead with it I consulted a couple of friends of mine who happen to be in the business (actually they're a couple) and they told me for such a basic course its too much money. And told me if I want to spend that amount of money, it would be better spent on the software side rather than the hardware side.

So your best bet would be to concentrate on the software side of computing. There's not much money, or jobs involved on the hardware side these days as some computers can be picked up for next to nothing, and at a price.

Therefore I agree with the previous postings by phono and fruit bat.

De Marcus™ 00:08 03 Mar 06

Any 'course' that guarantees a pass should be given a wide berth.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…